by Lee Odden
Blogs are often rated one of the top content marketing tactics for attracting and engaging customers, but most companies fail to combine two of the most important tools for boosting traffic and reach: optimization for search engines and for social media.
A Better Business Blog Strategy
To get more out of the opportunity to improve online discovery of business blog content, here are a few key questions to ask for an “optimize and socialize” blog strategy:
- Who is the blog intended to influence? Prospects, customers, employees, industry analysts, reporters, bloggers?
- What content will your blog offer that will meet target audience needs?
- How will addressing those customer needs and telling the brand story manifest as a blog content plan?
- What search keywords and social topics are relevant to your target audience?
- Where does your blog content fit in the customer lifecycle of communication with the brand?
- If the blog content is properly optimized and socialized, how will it influence (directly or indirectly) measurable business outcomes?