by Leah Goodman
In the marketing game, numbers are crucial. I’m not telling you anything you don’t know. There’s a reason why MarketingLand has a whole area designated for analytics. If you’re a website owner or marketer, chances are you spend a lot of time looking at Google Analytics for your website. Do you give your mobile site and app the same kind of attention?
Why Use Analytics For Mobile?
The main reasons to use analytics for mobile are the same as the reasons for using analytics on any website. Analytics answer a number of important questions:
- Where is traffic coming from (for mobile web)?
- Where is traffic going within the site or app?
- What features in the site or app are getting the most use?
- Are people getting stuck trying to perform some function?
- Are people meeting (sales) goals when using the site or app?